BNPS.co.uk (01202 558833)
An angler nearly choked to death when a fish he had just caught wiggled free and jumped into his mouth as he jokingly went to kiss it.
The 28-year-old stopped breathing for three minutes after the 6ins long Dover sole slipped straight down his throat in the freak accident.
The unnamed fisherman had just reeled in the catch and was showing off to friends when he lost grip of it.
The flat fish caused a complete obstruction of the man's airways and his face turned blue.
His shocked friends called 999 and tried to give him CPR while ambulance paramedics dashed to the scene on Boscombe Pier in Bournemouth, Dorset.
They arrived in just two minutes but by that time the patient had gone into cardiac arrest and had stopped breathing.
Paramedics used forceps to grab hold the fish's tail they could see down the man's throat.