Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
BNPS_AdderBiteEndsInICU_03.jpg
BNPS.co.uk (01202 558833)
Pic: SarahPaxman/BNPS<br />
<br />
Lewis in the ICU at Poole hospital.<br />
<br />
A mother told today how her 10-year-old son ended up in intensive care after being bitten by a snake.<br />
<br />
Lewis Paxman was holidaying with family on the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset when a venomous adder slithered out of undergrowth and bit him on the left foot.<br />
<br />
The bite led his left leg to dramatically swell up and caused him to be sick.<br />
<br />
Lewis was rushed to hospital by ambulance where he was given anti-venom, painkillers and antibiotics admitted to intensive care.<br />
<br />
He spent five nights in hospital and even when he was released the swelling was still so severe he had use a wheelchair.