BNPS.co.uk (01202 558833)
The tires were removed before the freak fire left the classic E-type Jaguar in tatters.
A vintage E-type Jaguar has been put up for sale for £32,000 after a freak fire during a respray left it in tatters.
The classic open top caught fire after its fuel leaked and came into contact with sparks created by welding.
It had been with its owner since 1986 but but he has now seen his classic vehicle completely ruined.
It is thought he had been contemplating a respray for some time before finally making the decision to go through with the work.
The disaster occurred as the team of mechanics were disassembling the Jaguar ready to paint, when when one of them accidentally cut through its fuel line.