Lucky the unlucky pooch survives fish hook encounter.

Image 13 of 15
< Prev Next >
BNPS_LuckyTheUnluckyDog_13.jpg
BNPS.co.uk (01202 558833)<br />
Pic:  RogerArbon/BNPS<br />
<br />
The beach at Barton on Sea where the incident happened.<br />
<br />
A pet owner has been left with a vets bill of over £7,000 after her dog ate a discarded fishing hook which ripped through its stomach.<br />
<br />
The Cavalier King Charles spaniel, aptly named Lucky, scoffed the two inch long barb while out for a beach walk.<br />
<br />
Owner Theresa Buckingham spotted fishing line protruding from Lucky's mouth and quickly realised there was a hook on the other end that he had swallowed. <br />
<br />
The pet  began yelping out and writhing in agony as the metal object slipped down his throat and ripped into his oesophagus.